Where should a student go for advice on academic questions?
Each student is assigned a
faculty advisor who is a great resource for academic questions. Your student should feel free to use his/her advisor to the fullest extent necessary. If students are having trouble in a particular class, they should not hesitate to speak with their professor during regularly scheduled office hours. The Office of Academic Support Services provides peer tutoring each semester, support for students with disabilities, and help for students who haven’t decided on a major.

How does Hendrix report grades?
Grades are posted on the student's Campus Web account at the end of each term. Under the
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) parents may view grades only after dependent students consent to the release of their education records. Transcript requests must be made in writing. For further information, go to the Office of the Registrar.

Business Office

How do I pay tuition and other bills?
The Office of Business and Finance uses Campus Web, an information portal for parents to access bills from Hendrix College.  Watch this tutorial video for help with Campus Web.

How do I set up a monthly payment plan for my tuition bill?
First, decide how much you can pay out-of-pocket. Then, sign up for an account at www.afford.com/hendrix. Monthly payments begin on July 1, so budget accordingly when you register. Read the Tuition Management Services enrollment guide for help setting up your account. For more help, contact the Office of Business and Finance at (501) 450-1524.  

How does Financial Aid affect my tuition bill?
If a student files a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and qualifies for aid, the amount is automatically added to the student’s account, thus lowering the tuition balance due. If the student removes the aid package from the account, the tuition total increases by the amount of the financial aid. 

Why is there a charge for health insurance on my bill every year?
All Hendrix College students must have health insurance coverage. Students have the opportunity to demonstrate health coverage or must purchase the College plan. The annual cost of the College Plan will be posted to your student account and is payable with your tuition bill. Students may waive or enroll in this coverage online at www.chpstudent.com by August 1, 2013, or they will be charged for the College plan on their tuition bill. The College plan must be waived annually to avoid being charged.

Why is there an $80.00 fee for a parking decal on my student’s account? My student doesn’t have a car.
The $80.00 decal fee will be charged to every student’s account before the fall semester. Students who do not intend to operate a vehicle on campus will receive a refund of the fee upon completion of a vehicle waiver form through their Campus Web accounts. Students must submit the waiver form. Parents cannot submit it.

Computer Recommendations

What do I need for a computer at Hendrix?
Students are not required to have their own computers.  If you wish to bring one, Hendrix Technology Services offers recommendations for your computer that will allow you to connect to the Hendrix Network. This information and more can be found on the IT Help Desk webpage.

Financial Aid

How do we apply for financial aid?

Office of Financial Aid provides information, applications, and assistance to students who are pursuing a degree at Hendrix and who want to obtain financial aid. Four broad categories of financial aid are available: scholarships, grants, loans, and part-time employment. Any accepted Hendrix applicant who files the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 automatically receives an aid package with a minimum $1,000 grant that is renewable if the FAFSA is filed each year by March 1.

How do we apply for a PLUS loan?  
You can apply for a PLUS loan at www.studentloans.gov. To sign in to the website use the same PIN number you used to sign the FAFSA. From there you will select "complete the PLUS request process" to get started. 

Health Services and Counseling

Where can my student go for medical needs? 
Students can see an Advanced Practice Nurse at the Hendrix Health Center. Find a list of pharmacies and other medical services here. Students also can meet privately with the Counseling Services on campus free-of-charge.  

Can I call the Health Center to find out about my student's health?
Medical and treatment records for patients of Hendrix Health Services and Counseling Center are confidential and are NOT shared any other department of the college or person except with written permission from the patient. Students must sign a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) release form giving permission to the nurse or counselor to talk with parents.
See the Health Services FAQs for more information.

What other services do you offer?
Student Outreach Services (SOS) will help students identify their needs and connect them with the most helpful office to seek resolutions.

Residence Life

What staff members are available within the residence halls to assist my student?
Each hall has at least four Resident Assistants who are trained upper-class students available to aid students with most concerns. Further, a professional Residence Life Area Coordinator who can assist with students’ needs/concerns supervises each residence hall. Students who have personal concerns or questions related to housing should contact any member of the
Residence Life Staff.

Does my student need a car?
No.While approximately 60% of students bring a car to campus, many do not drive them daily. Restaurants, shops, and Walmart are a short walk from campus. Often students will carpool with others toplaces that are far from campus. Bicycles can be useful for local traveling, too. 

During short holidays are students allowed to stay on campus?
Since there are not any Residential Life Staff members on campus during breaks, the residence halls are closed.
Closing procedures are posted in each residence hall well in advance of the designated closing day. Each residence hall reopens on the day before classes resume for the following term. If you have any further questions concerning housing, please contact the Office of Residence Life at (501) 450-1416.

Student Affairs

Is there a shuttle that takes students to and from the airport?
Office of Student Affairs offers a shuttle to and from the Little Rock airport for Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break. The cost of the shuttle is $10 each way and will be billed to the student's account. Reservations are required at least one week before break. The signup sheet and payment forms are available in the Student Affairs office 209 in the Student Life and Technology Center. If the shuttle schedule is not convenient for a student's flight, he or she can ask friends or call for taxi service to the airport (approximately $80 each way).

How can I reach my student in case of an emergency?
In an emergency situation during normal business hours, contact the
Office of Student Affairs at (501) 450-1222 if you are unable to reach your student. You can also contact your student’s Area Coordinator if necessary. If you are faced with a serious emergency after normal business hours, you can contact a member of our Campus Public Safety team who will contact a Student Affairs staff member. Please reserve this procedure for emergencies only. The Hendrix College Public Safety Department number is (501) 450-7711.

Study Abroad

Does Hendrix College have an insurance policy that covers students who are abroad?
Hendrix has an international insurance policy that covers students when they are traveling abroad on institution-sponsored trips.  Read about it at www.eiia.org/ForeignAssist. Depending on the program they are participating in, students may be required to purchase additional insurance.  For more information, contact Claudia Courtway, Study Abroad Coordinator, at courtway@hendrix.edu

Conway Resources

Where do I send packages or have gifts delivered to my student?
All packages mailed to students via USPS, UPS and FedEx should be addressed to:

Student Name
1600 Washington Avenue
Box # (not P.O. Box)
Conway, AR 72032

Students will receive notification slips in their campus mailboxes to pick up over sized packages from the Mail Room window during regular business hours M-F from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.

Perishable gifts or gifts ordered locally, such as flowers, balloons, and cakes, can be delivered to:

Student Name
c/o Donna McConnell
Student Services Office on the 2nd Floor of the SLTC at Hendrix

Ms. McConnell will notify students via email to pick up the delivery by 4 p.m. daily.

Where can I buy gifts for my student?
Call Ye Olde Daisy Shoppe at (800) 748-9207 or Tipton Hurst at (501) 329-6663
 to have flowers delivered to Hendrix.

What can I do when I come to Conway to visit?
In Central Arkansas you can enjoy the arts, baseball, lakes, mountains, and much more.  Learn more about

Where should I stay and eat when I come to Conway?  
See the list of 
hotels in Conway. Some offer a special Hendrix rate to guests.  Your student will tell you his/her favorite restaurant(s), so plan to eat out a lot!

Where are storage facilities located in Conway so my student can store his/her things during the summer?
There are many self-storage facilities in Conway. Several close to campus are listed below.

​Conway U Storage
(501) 514-1180
2824 Prince St.

Downtown Self Storage
(501) 932-3123
1510 Mill St

Mark's Mini Storage
(501) 932-0808
1709 N. Donaghey Ave

Safely Tucked Away Mini Storage
501) 327-6464
720 S. Harkrider St.

Store Smart - West Conway
(501) 260-7217
3715 Prince St