1921-1930

1922

Students put a mule on the first floor of Martin Hall.

1923

Young Memorial Stadium, a football and track facility, was dedicated.

1924

First "April Fool" edition of the student newspaper was published.

1925

Hendrix Academy, the secondary department, was discontinued. The Academy building (Millar Hall) became the first residence hall for female students.

1926

Axley GymAxley Gymnasium built.

1927

Hendrix constructs Buhler Hall, the first building erected by a college in Arkansas for purely library purposes.

1929

The "Board of Thirty," a commission of members from the Little Rock and North Arkansas Conferences of the church along with several trustees, accepted a bid to merge Hendrix with Henderson-Brown, a private college in Arkadelphia. The merger produced Hendrix-Henderson College in Conway. The Conway community contributed $150,000 to keep the institution from being moved to Little Rock.

1929

New fad is to play ukulele.