Last Updated: Monday, August 05, 2013
found this helpful.
These instructions are for the Microsoft Wireless Client that is included in Windows Vista.
For instructions to connect to the Student Wireless Network for other operating systems visit: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac.
The following setup only has to be performed the first time you connect to the Hendrix Student Wireless Network. You can only follow these instructions while on the Hendrix College campus (within range of the student wireless network).
Items to check before you begin
- Ensure that you have a wireless network card, the wireless is turned on, and if it has an antenna that it is in the proper position.
Connecting to the Wireless Network
For a larger version of any of the screenshots below, click on the picture.
- Locate the network icon on the right side of the taskbar as indicated by the arrow in the picture below.
- Right-click on the network icon and choose "Connect to a network".
- Choose the network you want to connect to, hndrxstdnt. When your choice is highlighted, click the "Connect" button.
- A window will appear that says "Additional log on information is required to connect to this network." Choose "Enter/select additional log on information".
- The "Enter Credentials" window will appear. Enter your Hendrix login information, then press "OK".
User Name: assigned username from IT
Password: enter your password
Logon Domain: STUDENTS
- The "Additional log on information is required to connect to this network" window will appear again. Again, choose "Enter/select additional log on information".
- A "Validate Server Certificate" window will appear. Choose "OK".
- The final window will appear, telling you that you have "Successfully connected to" the Hendrix network. If you want Windows to save this network and to connect automatically to the network, check the appropriate boxes on this page. We recommend that you check both boxes. When you are finished, click the "Close" button.