Last Updated: Wednesday, December 10, 2008
This article has not yet been rated.
Hendrix provides anti-virus and anti-spyware software for students free of charge. This software will be good as long as you are a student at Hendrix. The McAfee software is for Windows XP and Windows Vista computers only, for Mac software please see our Virex page.
(Windows XP and Windows Vista Only)
McAfee Anti-Spyware Enterprise Add-On
This is an add-on for the McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise software.
NOTE: This requires McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise
||December 10, 2008
|Estimated Download Time:
- 56k Modem - less than 1 min
- Cable - less than 1 min
- Campus Network - less than 1 min
Please follow these instructions to install the McAfee Anti-Spyware Enterprise software.
- Ensure that you have installed the McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise software, this add-on will not function without it.
- Download the installation files using the link above. You will be prompted to login using your Hendrix username and password in order to verify that you are a current student. Check this article if you are not sure about your username and password.
- Double-click on the "AntiSpyware.zip" folder, then double-click the "VSE85MAS.Exe" file. This should begin the installation process.
- A window will eventually appear that says "McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise Module v8.5 Installer". When the "Next >" button appears, click it.
- A new window will appear called "McAfee End User License Agreeement". In the "License expiry type" dropdown box, select "Perpetual". Make sure the location is set to "United States (default for use in US)"
- Read the licensing terms, then choose the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click "OK".
- Click Finish to complete installation.