Last Updated: Monday, March 30, 2009
This article has not yet been rated.
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
(Windows XP and Windows Vista Only)
McAfee Avert Stinger
This is the stand-alone McAfee Anti-Virus software.
||March 30, 2009
|Estimated Download Time:
- 56k Modem - 6 min 17 sec
- Cable - less than 1 min
- Campus Network - less than 1 min
Please follow these instructions to install the McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise software.
- Download the installation files using the link above and save them to a convenient location on your hard disk.
- Run the stinger application by double-clicking on it.
- The Stinger interface will be displayed.
- If necessary, click the Add or Browse button to add additional drives/directories to scan. By default the C: drive will be scanned.
- Click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the specified drives/directories.
- By default, Stinger will repair all infected files found.