Methods of connecting with prevention and/or intervention programs were/are developed
through both deductive and inductive programming. Seminars, workshops, courses,
and general information sessions prompted curiosity and a shared sense of "we're
in this boat together" in many instances. If needs are indicative of trends, SOS
will modify its programs to include new trends and will reassess old trends to determine
validity of its programming.
The 2013-14 academic year will see the following programs presented by SOS:
- Are You Proficient or Fluent in the Language of Financialese? (Budget Planning)
- Don't Insert Both Feet in Mouth! (or Burn Bridges!) (Art of Campus Communication
- Get a Clue! It's All About Attitude!
- One Foot in Front of the Other (Starting College on the Right Foot)
- One is the Loneliest Number: Alone vs. Lonely, There IS a Difference! (Social &
- Underwater Basket Weaving: How to Turn Your Interest(s) & Passion(s)
into a Life Long Journey!
- Cyber Communication: The Potential for Death of Your Planned Future
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Stress Reduction and Anger Management
Additional topics will be incorporated as need arises.