Last Updated: Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This article has not yet been rated.
The editor application for the Ektron system is an Active-X application (on Windows machines) or a Java applet (on Macintosh systems). It is necessary to update and edit an content in the Ektron system.
These instructions are for Macintosh OS X or Higher. See the Windows Instructions for installing this application on a Windows PC.
- Open Safari to http://www.hendrix.edu/login.aspx. (The Macintosh Ektron editor will only work in Safari.)
- Click on the “Content” tab on the bottom-right corner of the Workarea, and navigate to one of your web folders.
- Click on the title of any of your content items in your folder to view the content, then click the “edit” button that looks like a pen over a piece of paper.
- You may see a window appear that says:
This applet was signed by “Ephoxy Pty Ltd” and authenticated by “Thawte Consulting cc”. Do you trust this certificate?
- The Ephoxy editor (the Macintosh Ektron editor) will install and open for you to edit your content.