This plan allows an
employee to withhold up to a maximum of $2,500 for Unreimbursed medical
expenses and $5,000 for dependent/childcare expenses on a pre-tax basis which lowers tax liability for federal, state and FICA.
Unreimbursed Medical Expenses
An annual amount elected at the time of hire, or during open enrollment, that can be used to pay unreimbursed medical expenses such as physician and prescription co-payments, deductibles,
co-insurance (20%), anything not covered under the vision and/or dental plans,
etc. The amount you elect for a calendar year must be used during that calendar year on claims made during that calendar year. (ie. if you don't use it - you lose it).
The maximum annual election for 2013 is $2500. The entire amount elected for the year can be used at any time during the year. (ie. if a person held out $100 / year that person could use all $100 in January).
Making a claim:
- A MySource Card can be swiped at the doctor's office, pharmacy or other provider just like a debit card. No reimbursement or additional documentation is required unless there is an issue verifying your transaction, in which case you will be contacted.
- Claim forms can be completed online by logging into NovasysHealth.com* and clicking "Online Claims Entry" on the left.
- Print and complete a paper form to be faxed or mailed. Again, on NovasysHealth.com click "Forms" on the right and select the appropriate form.
- If you need further assistance please visit the Human Resources Office or email Rita Gipson.
Dependent Childcare Expenses
This is an annual amount that you can elect at the time of hire, or during open enrollment, that can be used to pay for childcare. This benefit is also withheld on a pre-tax basis. The maximum annual election for 2013 is $5000. Unlike unreimbursed medical this money cannot be used until after it has been withheld from your pay and processed by DataPath (our Section 125 administrator).
Making a claim:
* On NovasysHealth.com if you do not have a login click "First Time Login" and enter the member number found on your Novasys card.
If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Office.