Reporting to the Director of Admission, the Admission Counselor will contribute to the overall recruitment efforts of Hendrix College and plan and implement programs for attracting and matriculating students which achieve the strategic enrollment objectives of the College.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Present information about Hendrix to groups of students, parents, educators, and alumni.
2. Interview prospective students.
3. Evaluate and present applications to the admission committee.
4. Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment and admission plan and goals for assigned geographic regions.
5. Travel to high schools, college fairs, conduct interviews and other events as assigned – travel may vary by territory, but a typical annual assignment includes: 1) 50-60 high schools visits, 2) 25-30 college fairs, and 3) 4-5 other events.
6. Correspond with students, parents, educators, and alumni.
7. Collect and interpret relevant data.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The Admission Counselor will possess a vision and instinct for successfully recruiting students, for executing a comprehensive recruitment plan, and for managing admission recruitment events and familiarity with selective liberal arts colleges. Applicants should demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills, an outgoing personality, the desire to work with persons of diverse backgrounds, the ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education, familiarity with communications technology, energy, enthusiasm, and an ability to contribute as a member of a team. Candidates must be willing to travel 10-12 weeks per year and to work evenings and weekends.Qualifications
▪ Bachelor’s degree
▪ Exceptional communication and organizational skills
▪ Proven problem-solving, time management, and analytical skills
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
▪ A valid driver’s license
▪ Creativity and the flexibility to adapt to constant change
▪ Previous professional admission experience
▪ Prior customer service experience
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Hendrix Human Resources, 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032
Hendrix College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. Further, the College is committed to the maintenance of an atmosphere of civility and respect for all students, faculty, and staff.