This course explores ancient and modern Turkish history and culture. Students will have pre-departure meetings during Spring term 2014, will travel fifteen days in country visiting ancient, Roman and Turkish sites as well as studios and galleries, and complete a written research project. June 2-18.
Maymester in Turkey. ARTH 490:Art History Special Topics: Turkish Art and Art History. No prerequisites required.
This program. led by Dr. Rod Miller, offers you some of the most spectacular, varied and historically important sites in Turkey ranging from Istanbul “one of the worlds oldest cities and a centre of civilization for centuries”, to “the ancient and now legendary city” of Troy. Enjoy visiting Ephesus the largest Greco-Roman city of Turkey and discover the cultural centers of Ankara, capital city of Turkey. Languish in Antalya, the major city of the Anatolian Mediterranean and in Konya lean about the mystic Whirling Dervishes. Travel to the extraordinary limestone formations of Pamukkale and explore the underground cities and cave churches in Cappadocia.
Approximately $3,500 (includes tour and tuition)
- International Air Fare between Little Rock, AR - Turkey
- 15 nights at good 4 star hotels
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Daily breakfast and most dinners
- Transportation by private air conditioned bus throughout tour
- English speaking professional tour guide throughout tour
- All entry fees to the sites & museums
- Tips to the hotel and restaurant staff
- Service charges & local taxes