Tuesday January 29, 2008
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
- Dr. Hardin with the new Village Apartment plans
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Temporary Housing with BJ for Shelby
- Apparently, there are still some girls in temporary housing; constituent would like to know that the school is doing things to prevent this next year.
- Dr. Hardin says we will start next year with some temporary housing, she assumes… We’ll start with a little bit of overflow, and then through a “melting” process, we find the people who just didn’t show up, etc. etc. and get everyone into a room.
- “Look more carefully… Be a little more exact.” ~Dr. Hardin’s direct words. And she says they do NOT want to put people in rooms with RA’s, they didn’t want to this year, but things happened and drastic circumstances were taken (and will be again, if need be).
- “Football Survey” issue: supposedly been sent a new one (I haven’t received yet, but I already took it… so… yeah.) that should get everyone’s opinion for the football issue.
- Shirttails survey should be up tonight… technical problems.
- PEER APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2008 BY 4:00 p.m.
- Orientation Applications go out on the 11th, and are not due until the 16th or 17th, possibly?
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- Walt Wilcox resigned
- Motion passed to allow SoCo to appoint someone to replace Walt and be approved by next week’s meeting so work can continue quickly and effectively.
- February 6, 2008 – showing of Into the Wild in the Burrow at 8:30 p.m.
- February 16, 2008 – from 9-1… FORMAL!
- Shuttle sign-ups next week.
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Senior Pictures FOR REAL due by THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!! Send to Jordan Kennedy, please
- Also looking for pictures from their freshman year!
- Profile comes out on Friday
- The Aonian is taking submissions right now.
- Please email Megan or Rainey about how the Profile’s schedule and publishment
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- Red Light Revue – send an email by feb. 2nd to Angela Bennett
- The (Awkward/Awesome) Vagina Monologues – March 1, 2008
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Co-Sponsoring Pee Wee’s Big Adventure – Feb. 8, in the Burrow
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Ping Pong Club Discretionary
- Motion to grant the Ping Pong Club $236 – PASSED
- AED Discretionary
- Motion to grant to AED $725 - PASSED
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Football survey – email information to constituents
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- SAC will be looking at Sexual Harassment Policy to prepare for Brett’s arrival.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
· Election Code – amendment to basically say that the President is running and the student body is electing an INDIVIDUAL (and the Cabinet will be appointed by Senate)
· Motion to tell Executive Committee to review this problem and come back with a different proposal next week – PASSED
· Informal vote:
o Cabinet runs individually – 8 votes
o President/PA run together; Secretary runs alone; Treasurer runs alone – 10 votes
o Leave the running process AS IT IS RIGHT NOW – 6 votes
o Cabinet isn’t secret, but is not featured/advertised – 7 votes
o President runs alone and for the other 3 Exec Positions, people come to the first meeting and basically interview for the job and are appointed then by the Senate as a whole – 7 votes
· After discussions, there is an inclusivity option to embrace gender and sexuality… there isn’t much wording on the current policies, so there are discussions happening, but nothing concrete… there might be an email in the next few weeks, so don’t be surprised.
· Board meeting next week… Board Orientation on the 7th (Thursday) at 2:00. It’s the new folks of the board. 3rd floor Faussett!
VIII. Adjournment until February 5, 2008
Clean up: Veasey, Galloway, Raney