Tuesday January 24, 2012
6:30 p.m. Campbell Dinning Room
Student Life and TechnologyCenter
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements andConstituent Concerns
o Hunter(Front Street/Mills)-How do we stop UCA School of Communications students fromsoliciting at Front Street? Say no thank you, ask for their names, and givethem to PSafe if they return so they can formally ask them to stop.
IV. Departmental LiaisonReports
V. Committee Reports
- Communications Committee with Adelia Shiffraw
- Comm Comm will be meeting this week
- Social Committee with Will Phillips
- Formal will be February 25th more info TBA
- Academic Policy with LaRonda Mitchell
- No report, send any questions/concerns to LaRonda to take to the next AP meeting.
- Financial Committee with Clay Christian
- Requested: $530
- Recommended: $0 – come back with more information
- FinCom doesn’t have enough expertise to give an affirmative yes, they are asking the Profile to come back with more info.
- Committee on Everything Awesome with Dean Jim Wiltgen
- Welcome back Daniel Mark (class of 2011), Daniel is taking over as South Side Coordinator for Residence Life for the rest of the term.
- Budget issues… we will be hearing more from the college in the coming weeks about this.
- Media Committee with Courtney Johnson
o GeneralMedia Things
- Adding an attendance policy to our statement of purpose
- Adding section about signing/changing outside contractual services
- Ex. Aonian and Troubadour publishers
- Deadline is Feb. 1st. Send your electronic submissions to Aonian@hendrix.edu or email@example.com
- Set a printer deadline earlier than last year’s in order to prevent the same issues
- Release party is April 26
- New shows. Up to almost 60 now. Most ever.
- Spring concert will be set soon. Waiting back for final confirmation.
- Local cub scouts came on a field trip. Knox showed them how the station worked and talked to them about broadcasting
- Students that were abroad may email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to pick up their yearbook.
- After a couple of weeks the remaining books will be taken off of reserve and made available to all students. To get on the waitlist for this email email@example.com
- Received over 200 senior profiles! More than I ever dealt with.
- Website issue
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Emily Canon
- Free Store will start next Tuesday (3:30-5:30pm in Worsham), THEY ARE TAKING EVERYTHING, bring unwanted Holiday Gifts!!!
- ECC first meeting of the semester on Thursday in SLTC 106 at 7:00pm
- Multicultural Development Committee with Anna Roane
- Anna Roane will be acting as Interim Chair of MDC until CoC meets this weekend to approve her appointment by previous chair Calvin Pun.
- Campus Kitty with Malena Outhay
- CK Faculty/Staff Variety Show on Thursday, Dec 1
- Volunteer Action Committee with Rachel Robbins
- VAC will be volunteering with the Alumni Board this weekend at one of the residential facilities of Independent Living Services. VAC will be playing board games and spending time with the residents from 2-4. If you are interested meet at the bell at 2pm. Contact Robin Brown with any questions at BrownRM@hendrix.edu.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with Daniel Williams and LaRonda Mitchell
- Committee on Committees with Gabe Breshears
- Meeting this weekend, regarding MDC and positions that need to be filled
- Executive Committee with Desh Deepak
- Special Election, Martin and Sophomore senators have resigned, because there are very few meetings left before elections, we are going to suspend the bylaws: filing will open tonight and end at 5pm on Friday. Campaigning will begin this weekend and go through Monday. Elections through Big Polls (the online service we use for regular elections through Hendrix email) will occur on Tuesday.
- Cohort vs class voting—for now IT cannot change the big polls voting process, instead you can email Rachel, and she can change your vote.
VII. New Business